An Intimacy Coordinator (IC) coordinates and safeguards intimacy scenes in a production.
An IC's task is to ensure that all intimacy scenes are created in a safe, respectful and creative work environment. They work pre-production, in rehearsal, on set and in post-production to enable the story, liaise between departments, choreograph and create protocols.
A Intimacy Coordinator must be able to demonstrate training, qualifications and experience that include:
- 'Mental Health First Aider' Certificate
- First Aider (CPR) Certificate
- Conflict resolution and problem solving
- Anti: discrimination, sexual harassment and bullying
- Diversity and Gender
- Bystander Intervention
A qualified Intimacy Coordinator's expertise must include:
- Movement, choreography, acting and dramaturgy
- Risk assessments, protocols, and intimacy riders
- Masking, intimacy garments and barriers
- Best practice regarding an Intimacy Coordinator's workflow and process based on both local and international standards and law
- Extensive work experience in film/tv or performing arts
- Health and safety